Saturday, July 10, 2010





Summer has got a good head start, the kids are out of school, my morning drive to work is pleasant without the normal traffic...holiday time for a lot of people. Yet I was in the mall Thursday night and they've got the school supplies on display & all the summer stuff is on clearance....a reminder that summer is short - so ENJOY.

Yesterday was also the beginning of the summer office hours - we close at 3:30pm on Fridays now till the 1st Friday of September. But...I worked until 6:30...it's called being buried and having a week to clean up your desk before you go for holiday. Not thrilled about working extra unpaid hours. :-( Are holidays really worth it? I wonder. It's busy as work, plus for all of July we have someone off, so you're short handed as well plus it's busy at home.

After I got home...skipped the gym cause it was too late by that time...we went for supper at Turtle Jacks. They have amazing Bruschetta. We shared the appetizer and I had a lovely Greek Salad for supper. It was delicious and the staff there are great.

Then I dragged Mike to Indigo...I've been looking for a book by Dr. Wanye Dyer which they didn't have. I bought another of his books instead: You'll See It When you Believe It - The Way to Your Personal Transformation.

I want to be Transformed. I'm really not liking "me". Which a friend told me is sad. I just wish I was different. I wish I didn't worry so much, that I was braver, stronger, oh yeah...and perfect. I know I know...not possible...so I wish I could let the Perfect thing go. I have a library of SELF HELP on my book shelf. You'd think I'd have it all down by now...but it seems the more I read, the more confused I become.

It looks lovely outside...so I'd better get my butt in gear and get out there.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!



No comments: