Sunday, November 1, 2009

Things that go bump in the night!


Woke up to a loud bang that echoed from downstairs. Scared the you-know-what out of us both. Felt to see if the kitty was in bed and knew right away that he's into something.

I have a reclining cherub that has dried flowers on it and the kitty loves to chew on things like that...he knocked it over and now it's in pieces. I forgave my kittle. He had a hard week this week...had to have 7 teeth pulled. He's doing well and recovering.



This is our first Halloween in the new neighbourhood. We had about 50 kids and I had enough candy for 300! We were giving out handfuls and still have too much left.

I have a big box of mini-Mars Bars that I've decided I'll melt down for my MAR BAR SQUARES.


MAR BAR SQUARES

4 regular size Mars Bars
4 tbsp margarine
4 tbsp corn syrup
7 - 8 cups Rice Krispies cereal
10 oz milk chocolate (for on top)

Cut Mars Bars into small pieces and melt slowly with margarine and syrup, stirring constantly. When mixture is smooth, remove from heat and stir in rice krispies. Press into a lightly greased 9 x13 baking pan. When cool, top with the melted milk chocolate. Let cool again and cut into bite sized squares.

Usually I line the pan with wax paper instead of greasing it. It's easier to get them out...plus when you cut these up it can get a bit messy and the wax paper helps with that too. Another tip is if you refrigerate after adding the milk chocolate...bring back to room temperature before you cut them.

I make these at holidays and share them with the neighbours. They are always a big hit and nobody can figure out that it's made with chocolate bars.




No comments: