Saturday, October 24, 2009

Thank goodness it's Saturday!



Going back to work after holiday was extremely difficult. I was looking forward to getting back and seeing my co-workers...plus I had stuff to get done...but OMG it was pure insanity.

It was a very overwhelming week. I feel like I am on demand but just keep accumulating tasks without the time to finish anything. I ended up starting early and staying late Thursday and last night (and "no" there is no such thing as overtime pay or time off for the extra time in). Just thinking about it makes me grumpy.

Changing gears! It's Saturday! I didn't set my alarm and woke up when the light came in my window. I love Saturdays.

It looks like fall outside today. The colours of the leaves are so beautiful against the blue gray skies. We live near an escarpment and the trees look amazing, like a beaufitul quilt of oranges, yellows and gold. Last night the fog slowly crept down, I wish I could describe how it looked. It was just so beautiful. We just moved here in last summer, it's really a lovely area.

Last night I picked up the latest issue of FIRST. It's not one of my usual magazine's but the cover got me. There are some great articles. One was really interesting to me, about how some women have difficulties processing carbs and recommended a low carb (not no carb) for 8 weeks to kick start weight loss an then to re-add in a limited amount of carbs after that. I think I am one of those women.

I do attend Weight Watchers as a lifefime member. I wish I could say I am doing well but I am gaining (not WW's fault). I am doing my own plan, which is great if you want to slowly gain weight. I exercise regularly by going to the gym and walking but my food choices are heavy on the carbs (I love all things starch - bread, pasta, rice and potato).

When I first joined WW the plan was different and breads and fruits were limited to so many selections a day (as were all foods other than veggies). I lost 7 lbs the first week and then lost at least a pound or two consistently (there were weeks of staying the same too) but I lost the weight over a period of 6 months. Now it's back and then some. :-(

I know I do better when I limit the starches. Even if I can have so many Points per day...I still have to think about what type of Points I am eating.

More than the weight loss, I just want to feel healthy. I haven't been feeling well at all, I can see it in my eyes and face (everything is puffy). Plus my energy is low. Going to try to go lower carb in my Points selections and see how I do. Starting now...instead of my usual toast (WW) and peanut butter, I had two eggs scrambled for breakfast.

I can do it! I know I can.

Have a great weekend!

KLP


No comments: