Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


I know I am late with this post...Thanksgiving was this past Monday, but I hope for all who celebrated that it was a good one.

I was in a bit of a panic over the size of our Turkey. By my calculations we needed a 12 to 15 lbs turkey to have enough plus left overs for everyone to take home. DH picked up a fresh turkey on Saturday Morning...he asked the meat dept guy how big the bird was (as it was shown in kg). I didn't check it until Sunday night...it looked like a big chicken! Turns out it was just over 10 lbs. The stores are now closed for the holiday and we'd have to make do! I found a small ham in the freezer so decided to make that as well. Everything turned out fine...there was lots of food. Not as much left overs of turkey as we normally have (in the past I've usually made a 20 lbs bird) but we still had enough to have turkey sandwiches...so it's all good.

I have so much to be thankful for. I am so very blessed.





No comments: